How to Create a Silk Flower Wedding Bouquet
How to Create a Silk Flower Wedding Bouquet
A wedding bouquet lets you show off your creativity while giving you more control over your appearance at your ceremony. There are multiple reasons to consider using silk flowers instead of real ones. From a simple, subtle arrangement to an elegant and elaborate display, you can achieve so much by creating a stylish silk bouquet.
Learn how to make the bouquet of your dreams with our detailed look at the benefits, meaning and methods of using silk flowers on your special day.
Silk Flowers vs. Real Flowers
Before we explain the basics of how to make a DIY silk flower wedding bouquet, let's talk about the advantages. Silk flowers for special occasions look as lovely, fresh and authentic as the genuine article. Here are some leading reasons to use silk flowers for your wedding bouquet and decorations.
- Cost-effective: Silk flowers are an affordable alternative, especially when ordering in bulk. Put the money you save on your wedding toward other essentials, like your reception and honeymoon.
- Longevity: Unlike real flowers that wilt and wither, your silk bouquet will always be verdant and vibrant. You can purchase your silk flowers well in advance, allowing you time to experiment with different bouquet designs and styles. You can keep your bridal bouquet forever as a reminder of the love you and your partner share.
- Reusability: You can reuse silk flowers for other events or even pass them down as an heirloom. Think of them as a long-term investment in gorgeous flowers.
- Availability: Everyone has a favorite flower, but some blooms only grow seasonally. Silk flowers are always in season, come in various types and colors and look like the real deal. You can easily create the flower arrangements of your dreams by choosing a silk wedding bouquet.
- Dependability: Silk flowers are durable. Petals will stay attached to your arrangement no matter what happens, so you can walk down the aisle knowing your flowers will look stunning the whole time. Once you've made your bouquet, you can keep it in storage without water or refrigeration.
How to Make Your Silk Flower Wedding Bouquet
When assembling a DIY silk flower wedding bouquet, you should follow three essential steps. First, you need to select your flowers. Then, you'll arrange your bouquet. The final step is adding fillers and finishing touches to make your bouquet perfect.
Choosing Your Flowers
You have the gift of choice when making a silk flower wedding bouquet. With so many options, it helps to know what flowers are best for weddings and the symbolism behind them. Here are some of the best silk flowers for your bridal bouquet.
- Roses: Roses are synonymous with weddings and love. There are various colors, each with a different meaning and decorative potential. Red roses symbolize love and passion, pink roses suggest admiration and white roses represent purity. These classic flowers are excellent for decoration and theming.
- Lilies: The elegance of a white lily is a wedding staple for a reason. Like most white flowers, they represent purity, but orange lilies mean passion.
- Peony: A peony's lush and fluffy petals have a unique softness and charm. These flowers symbolize the start of a happy marriage and are stunning, large flowers to adorn any bouquet.
- Hydrangea: In nature, hydrangeas' beauty is ephemeral, but silk hydrangeas never go out of season. These elegant wedding flowers represent heartfelt emotion and perseverance.
- Orchid: Ornate, exotic and beautiful are the best words to describe an orchid. A bouquet featuring silk orchids is a symbol of refinement and charm.
- Gardenia: Gardenias symbolize joy and are a popular tropical flower for brides to include in their bouquets or wear in their hair as they walk down the aisle.
- Lavender: Add silk lavender flowers to your bouquet for a stunning purple hue. You can also use these flowers as shape fillers that still radiate charm. Lavender represents virtue and devotion — admirable traits for any bride to flaunt.
Preparing Your Flowers
Now it's time to learn how to create a DIY silk flower bouquet for your wedding. Follow this step-by-step process for perfect results.
- Gather your supplies: Collect your chosen flowers, a pair of sharp scissors, floral tape, pruning shears, ribbon and any other materials you want to use to decorate, bind and shape your bouquet.
- Trim: Trim any extra parts off the silk flowers. Shorten the stems and remove decorative branches and leaves until your flowers are the desired shape and size.
- Build the base: Start building the base of your bouquet using your focal flowers, which are the centerpiece and the most prominent part.
- Shape it: Start adding other flowers in clusters to shape your bouquet. Keep any designs or inspirational images nearby for reference. Feel free to use your creativity, rearranging and experimenting until you achieve your dream look.
- Bind: Once you're happy with your bouquet's design and layout, bind it all together using floral tape.
Fillers and Finishing Touches
In this final part of the process, you'll perfect your bouquet. You can wrap it with material and ribbon, accentuate it with decorations, rearrange flowers for a desired look and add greenery to fill the shape. Customize your bouquet to your heart's desire until you can't wait to walk down the aisle with it.
Create Your Dream Silk Flower Bouquet With Serene Spaces Living
Every bride dreams of her special day. Serene Spaces Living carries a wide range of silk flowers to create your bouquet and decorate your wedding. Our stunning silk flowers provide the affordability and reliability you deserve. Wedding parties can make the bouquets of their dreams with our high-quality faux flowers.
We also offer more than silk flowers. Explore our website to inspire ideas that make your wedding as unique as you and your spouse-to-be.
- FARIDA TAHERALY